Wednesday, February 15, 2012


I love toys.  I like buying them for my daughters and we always have to check out the toy aisles when we hit Wal-Mart or Target.  Because of this I noticed the new monster dolls as soon as they hit the shelves and I got super excited because they were fashion dolls but edgier than Barbie and cooler than the Liv, Bratz or Moxie Girlz dolls.  Finally a fashion doll that appealed to my gothic sensibilities!  We started out slowly and my girls each picked out a rag doll.  Ella got Frankie Stein and Zoe picked out Draculaura.  I found this a bit odd because Ella loves pink and will usually fight to the death to get the pink one of anything but I wasn't going to argue when she picked something different for once.  Well, they loved their rag dolls so much that the next time we were in a toy aisle and they were allowed to pick new toys they chose the Gloom Beach versions.  As I opened the boxes I fell in love with the concept of being able to switch the arms and legs to create new looks and the individual styles of the characters.  When we bought the "Going to School" (as Ella named them) Frankie and Ula-D I read the diaries and noticed the codes and this lead to the discovery of the website and the webisodes.  All three of us were hooked!  The next time we bought toys I grabbed a Frankie Stein for myself and was soon making excuses to go to Toys R Us to find the next doll.  I started stalking Amazon, Ebay and other sites to find better prices and pouted over the fact that Ghoulia Yelps didn't have a doll yet.  I was and still am obsessed. I now have 32 Monster High dolls displayed and more put away because I don't have the room to display them all.  When I decided to put some away I picked my favorite version of each character and restyled them with a combination of Monster High clothes and Barbie clothes that I was able to "make it work" (I love Tim Gunn!).  So, here are my restyled Monster High girls!




I starting with Ghoulia because she is my favorite!  Ghoulia is wearing Frankie's dress and shoes, Lagoona's mesh leggings and a Polly Pocket purse shaped like a record.


Lagoona is my second favorite. I just LOVE her eyes!  Everything is Lagoona's except the shorts, which are Ghoulia's and the water bottle is Barbie's.


Frankie is wearing all of her own stuff!


Clawdeen is wearing her own stuff too except the fierce fake fur vest which is Barbie's.
 I love her claw ring!


Cleo is wearing her own bandages and skirt, but the mesh knee-high socks, shoes and blet are Clawdeen's and the vest is Barbie's.


Ula-D is wearing a Barbie skirt as a dress and a Barbie belt and purse.  The stockings and shoes are her own and the rose is Polly Pocket's.  Lagoona let her barrow her bracelet. 

Kiss Kiss,
Angela











No comments:

Post a Comment