Thursday, February 16, 2012

What My Daughter Did and Why It Sent Me Over The Edge

My daughter Ella is 5 3/4 years old. She says that the 3/4 is very important.  Her birthday is on April 1st and is coming up soon.  That is not relevant to this post other than to give you an idea of why she did what she did. Basically, she's young and dumb. =)  So, Ella was at school and I was cleaning the playroom and making her younger sister Zoe help.  Zoe is 3 and not very good at cleaning up the HUGE messes she makes in the playroom while Ella is in school.  Well, stupid me, (I'm not young but still pretty dumb) had let them play with my AGD, Kirsten. Kirsten was the very first thing I had ever saved up to buy for myself and because American Girl dolls are so expensive it took me 2 years to earn enough for her and shipping!  I thought that if I took the original clothes off...


 and put on a new outfit bought @ Target (Yay Wal-Mart and Target putting out cheaper clothing for AGD sized dolls!) that there wasn't much they could do to my doll. Plus I made sure to have the "Do NOT cut the dolls hair!" talk with them before I let them borrow the doll.  So imagine my surprise and anger when I came across this...



Ella was in HUGE trouble! Unfortunately for her, I found the doll around 10 AM and she doesn't get out of school until 3 PM.  Plenty of time to calm down you say?  Not me. I got angrier!  I took the doll with me to school, and the look of terror on her face was priceless.  I was so mad at this point I couldn't even speak to her. Trembling with anger I drove to my husbands work to pick him up and was silent the entire way home. I stomped to my room and slammed the door like a 13 year old!  My husband played mediator and found out the story of what happened and reported back to me.  It was all Zoe's fault!  What?  It clearly says Ella on both cheeks of the doll, right?  Well, Zoe had asked Ella to tattoo the doll like Mama and Daddy.  Oops.  Still steamed, (hey, that kind of anger takes time to come down from) I asked my husband to take both girls (at this point I was mad at Zoe too because it was her idea) and get some baking soda because we were out, and that was supposed to be able to wash the crayon off.  Ella volunteered to pay for the baking soda with the money she has been saving up to buy Wurf's Giant Mom (that's another story and also oddly, about Kirsten).  Touched, I scrubbed Kirsten's face and all the crayon came off...


So, the moral is don't share treasured stuff with your kids until you are prepared to deal with whatever stupid stuff they do to it!

Kiss Kiss,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment