Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lagoona Blue's DOTD dress modification

So today I've decided to share how I modified Lagoona's DOTD dress.  When I bought this doll I was really excited because I thought her hair was super awesome and totally unexpected.  I want to give props to Mattel for releasing a female fashion doll with a mohawk!  My only problem was something just wasn't right with the dress... it was missing something...  Glitter!!  It wasn't shiny enough! Lagoona is a water creature and I felt that her dress needed to look like it was wet.  So here it is!



I used two different glitter fabric paints, silver and opalescent.  The silver was also holographic.


She's such a happy model!  So easy to work with! (Clawdeen is a diva and can get snarly and Cloe is such a princess!)


You can see how the light catches the glitter and the clear paint. It has a very nice shimmer to it when it moves.

Over all it took about two days of painting and drying and painting some more! I did 2 layers and now the dress is a bit stiff and the doll can't sit down but that's the price of beauty!

Kiss Kiss,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment